ABCSA advocates for the interests of its members through engaging with prominent stakeholders and decision makers including government. This can be in various forms including direct discussions relating to a specific issue, contributing to submissions that are presented to government inquiries, and making members aware of significant changes to the business operating environment.
- transparency of procurement processes
- transparency of BBBEE requirements and implementation
- importance of workplace planning, education, skills and development training
- importance of job creation
- visa processing times and requirements to encourage trade and investment
- importance of regulatory certainty to encourage investment
- the need to encourage investment in the resources and mining sector
- holding seminars and inviting distinguished guests to inform members of opportunities, challenges and developments
- collaborating with other business and industry organisations
- promoting opportunities and distributing information through social media including LinkedIn
- advising members of activities through a monthly newsletter
- creating networking opportunities for members.