We are a non-profit organisation with a broad objective of providing a networking forum for our members to develop their business activities, promote trade, and in turn, deepen the relationship between Australia and Southern African countries.
- Networking & Events – mix with like minded business people and hear from key speakers to find opportunities for your business.
- Providing Information – what you need to know about doing business in Southern Africa, and who to speak with
- Advocacy – your voice to government on issues impacting your business
- Social – our 8+ events per year bring all sorts of people together in a fun and relaxed environment
Welcome to our newest members
IDEA Digital Education
Dr. Corrin Varady started the global digital education company, IDEA Digital Education in 2014. As the Company’s current CEO, he has spoken at summits around the world about the importance of providing high quality digital resources to emerging-market students in order to democratise education.
Corrin has finished a Masters of Finance (Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Italy / University of New South Wales, Australia), Masters of International Relations (London School of Economics) with First Class Honours and a PhD at the London School of Economics. His book, ‘Vigorous Self Defense’, was published by Palgrave Macmillan challenging the role of Western leadership in peacekeeping missions in the Middle East. During his academic career, Corrin was an Associate Researcher at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon and lectured at both the University of Cape Town and Witwatersrand University Business School, South Africa. He was named the Young Alumni of the year 2015 for the University of New South Wales, Australia and the Ambassador for the Australian Graduate School of Management from 2016 to 2018. Corrin was an Australia Day Ambassador for the New South Wales Government.
In 2019, Corrin was the Chairperson of the Education Innovation Summit in South Africa.
J. Verhaeghe & Associates
Jean-Jacques Verhaeghe’s professional career spans 28 years collectively in the Financial, ICT, Air travel and Airports, FMCG, Management Consulting, Renewable Energy, Research and Development, Electronics, Telecoms, and Mining Industries.
He is the Owner and Executive of a Strategic Solutions Provider business, called JV Associates (also known as Joint Ventures and Achievements), which specialises in ICT & Digital Strategy, Business Sustainability, and Turn-around (troubled/strategic) projects (business, management, enterprise risk, and technology). Jean-Jacques specialises in business longevity (sustainability in business) projects, and enjoys the challenge of exploring and implementing new concepts, where relevant/as appropriate.
Jean-Jacques holds many international certifications and an MBA-LS degree from the University of Cumbria. He is currently pursuing a Masters in Science degree, in Information Systems Management, at the University of Salford, England.
In 2017, Jean-Jacques joined the Mandela Mining Precinct initiative, which drives the optimal integration of Research, Innovation, Project-, and Product Development, in the mining industry, and he serves as part-time Programme Manager for Real-time Information Management Systems (RTIMS) – a multi-stakeholder and extremely complex endeavour to develop Mining IIoT and Digital Standards and Technologies in/for South Africa’s deep Underground mines (and hence to turn-around the current mining crises in SA). He also serves as the South African Convenor for the Global Mining Guidelines Group (GMGgroup) as a representative of the SAIMM (Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy). In addition, Jean-Jacques is also the strategic project advisor for the Minerals Council of South Africa, relating to matters of Data/Information Management and ICT. This thus includes aspects of Organisational Change Management.
Jean-Jacques also serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Board of a leisure/hospitality company.
Our presentation is available for download here
No. of Members
Cost per Member (thereafter)
VAT Not Applicable
Platinum Sponsor Benefits
- Recognition at all ABCSA events
- Masthead recognition on all banners, printed and publicly related material used or generated by ABCSA
- Website exposure, banner advertisement and links
- All benefits enjoyed by the Large Corporate Member
- When possible, briefings from the High Commissioner or other key decision makers / guest speakers
- Regular updates on political / economic issues
- Invitation to Corporate dinners to get better access to political speakers and key decision makers (pending on the availability of the speaker as at the time)