ABCSA represents the views of business and industry which operate in the Australian and Southern African market. Being based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its focus is to enhance, promote and assist business and industry links from a Southern African perspective. Because ABCSA represents business and industry interests as a collective group, it can have greater weight and influence than individual businesses.
ABCSA advocates for the interests of its members through engaging with prominent stakeholders and decision makers including government. This can be in various forms including direct discussions relating to a specific issue, contributing to submissions that are presented to government inquiries, and making members aware of significant changes to the business operating environment.
ABCSA members have raised the following issues as priority areas of interest:
- transparency of procurement processes
- transparency of BBBEE requirements and implementation
- importance of workplace planning, education, skills and development training
- importance of job creation
- visa processing times and requirements to encourage trade and investment
- importance of regulatory certainty to encourage investment
- the need to encourage investment in the resources and mining sector
ABCSA promotes its members interests through:
- holding seminars and inviting distinguished guests to inform members of opportunities, challenges and developments
- collaborating with other business and industry organisations
- promoting opportunities and distributing information through social media including LinkedIn
- advising members of activities through a monthly newsletter
- creating networking opportunities for members.